As part of the Covid-19 response Canyonz Adventure Company has undertaken a Risk Assessment approach as required to ascertain the level of risk to our participants and staff of contracting Covid 19. We have determined that with a common sense approach including precautionary control measures as listed below we can mitigate that risk to acceptable levels.
- If you have any symptoms of Covid sickness please stay home – we will refund or postpone your activity
- Hand sanitiser is provided and we ask that you wear a mask during the briefing when indoors or if outdoors this is at your discretion
- Maintain social distancing measures where possible
- For safety reasons, we do not encourage mask-wearing while Canyoning
- Due to the outdoor nature of Canyoning we are able to stay apart most of the time
- We also ask you to drive your own vehicles 9km to the carpark start of our trip
- We are very fortunate that our activity is conducted outside and physical distancing is very realistic throughout.
- Our guides will be wearing masks when necessary including when preparing foods not covered such as after trip BBQ
- Customers will be required to scan in on arrival using the NZ Covid Tracer app
- No staff are allowed to work who have COVID-19 symptoms
- Contact tracing measures in place
- Physical distancing for staff and customers – keeping 1m or more distance from others as best we can except where other safety precautions are paramount eg. checking safety harnesses etc
- Hygiene and cleaning practices are in place to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of staff and customers
For these reasons, customers are not required to use the My Vaccine Pass verification when checking in at the start of the tour.